Blooming Sparkly Red Rose

Pages

Sunday, 4 May 2014

My korean BB creams and a closer look!

Hello everyone!!
My first ever blog post!Yaaay!
   I was thinking what I should start with and the first thing that came to mind has to do with my biggest beauty passion ever!!As you will find out,I am a big, no wait, HUGE fan of Korean cosmetics. Actually I am addicted, I want them all!! lol
   So,for this series of posts,I wanted to start with the products I first came in contact with,which are none other than the Korean BB creams.You all know,you have heard and many of you have used BB creams by now. There are gazillions of blog posts and Youtube videos out there talking about them,explaining what a BB cream is. Long story short,a BB cream is a skincare product,with various benefits like whitening, anti-aging factors and/or UV protection,but they also offer from light to medium coverage,as a foundation would. When I started looking into the BB cream frenzy about a year ago, one of the things I found often said or written was that nothing beats Asian BB creams and especially the Korean ones. My friend Smug(aka Myrona-love ya!!) also suggested the Skin79 Super+ BB, the hot pink one, which she had used and liked!And that's how it all began :D FYI,my skin is oily and I used to have mild acne,but my dermatologist helped with that and nowadays my skin behaves well. BB cream is my daily go-to base product for my make-up. Truth is I haven't used my foundations in quite a few months now!
   What you see in the photo above is my current collection of BB creams,some bought for the 1st time and some I have repurchased. I decided instead of talking about all of them in one post, I will give you a closer look to a couple of them at a time! Much easier for me,too!Hehe :P Ok,here goes!

Find the Greek version h e r e



Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23, 50ml


   It is not random that I start with this one. It is one of my favourites! First thing I noticed when I got it in my hands,was how high-end the packaging looks. It comes in a tube with a pump (big plus),which I find works perfectly,so I only need one pump most days to cover my face.
   Now onto the BB itself. Like many BBs it has a light creamy consistency,not thick but not too watery either, so it blends out easily. When you first pump out the cream,it looks quite greyish, something that many Asian BBs have,but once you put it on your face and blend it out,the grey undertone disappears.It actually turns quite pink-ish,which is ideal for my skintone. As for the scent,it has a very subtle one,which reminds of high-end skincare products.
   Like most oily-skin gals,I always use powder over BB cream,no matter which one. The finish that Missha M Perfect Cover BB leaves is quite natural,definitely not matte,but not like other super dewy ones. In terms of coverage,it is one of the most covering among the ones I have tried. When I feel the need to cover some imperfections, like a blemish,I will use concealer. 
   It is also quite long-lasting. I have never counted the hours (lol), but I often do my makeup in the morning at about 10:00am,before I leave for my German classes,and I remove it at midnight that I get home from work. Apart from the need for powder touch-ups,and some fading in the parts where my hands touch my face (can't avoid it!!), this BB cream is still there,and with no colour change!!
  If there is one thing I should notice however about the Missha M Perfect Cover,is that it doesn't set instantly..It does need like a minute or 2,before I apply my powder. (Note: Currently I'm either using Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder or Rimmel Stay Matte).
   I have used it on it's own,I mean after my moisturiser,over a primer,and over a CC cream,and it performed well in all cases.Furthermore,it has never broke me out,it didn't even make my acne worse when I was using it during my therapy.Below are some photos,where I swatched the BB on my hand(forgive the redness,they are always like that :P).I hope you can see properly as I have been trying to catch some daylight this Saturday cloudy afternoon to take these pics.

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23
  So that was the Missha M Perfect Cover BB!!Have you ever used it yourselves,dear readers??What did you think?And if not,had you heard about it,or ever thought of buying it???
P.S: This BB cream comes in 3 shades,or at least I could only find 3 on eBay,from my favourite sellers.I originally had bought no.21 which was the medium one,in a 20ml size tube,I finished 2 of those tubes,but because the shade was a little too light for my already pale face,I went on to buy this tube in shade 23,which matches me perfectly.
SMALL UPDATE:(shame on me :P)I forgot to mention this BB cream has an SPF42 sun protection!!Really good,don't you think?

I bought the Missha M Perfect Cover BB from eBay h e r e

Etude House BB Magic Cream Type:Refreshing, 35ml {Discontinued :-( }




   It is a great pain of mine...Etude House is one of my favourite Korean cosmetic brands!!Why they decided to discontinue this beauty,I will never understand!!Anyway,this is my second favourite BB cream.I had bought the Refreshing type which was for oily skin. The packaging is super cute,and can you see it?It is holographic!!! It is also a tube with a pump,the most easy-to-use type of packaging I think.
  The BB is a little more watery than the Missha M one,the consistency is also light,so you don't feel like it's sitting on your face, and it applies super easy.Colourwise,it seems a little bit on the yellow undertones side,but again,once applied on the face you can't really tell. The scent reminds me a little bit of herbs,but it is not overpowering,and it goes away almost instantly after application.
   I find that the BB Magic cream sets fast and it gives a natural,but I'd dare say, a bit more matte finish. I do use powder however,because I told you, I have oily skin,and don't leave the house without powder!As for the coverage it gives, I'd say light to medium.I usually take one full pump to cover my face and use concealer wherever I think I need to.Too bad I can't use it as often as I'd like to,as I don't want it to finish :/
   The wear with this one doesn't differ much from the Missha M BB cream. Besides,on daily basis,I return home late at night,and don't reapply my makeup during the day,except for powder and lipstick touch-ups.Additionally, I have never noticed the Etude House BB Magic cream oxidising on my face,even though my skin is oily.
   As with the above,I have also used this BB on its own,with primer,over CC and it didn't disappoint me.Neither have I ever had breakouts from using it. Overall,a great BB cream!!Here is a swatch (and a little scratch wound on my hand..so typical :P):
Etude House BB Magic Cream,Type: Refreshing
 
   That was the Etude House BB Magic cream!!Did you happen to get it before it was discontinued,maybe?Did you like it???

And that is all for today's post!!I will be back with a closer look to the next set of BBs from my little collection!!Thank you for reading my first post!I'm really excited as I write it!!See you soon!!!
This post is dedicated to my sweeties: Smug,Cel,Stella,Eleni,Anna and Elena for the encouragement!!Smoochies!!

INFO:
Age 20-30
Skin Type: Oily
Skin tone:NW20 (I think :D)


18 comments:

  1. Finally my girl, I am so happy and proud, I am so exited to read your posts.
    I haven't used any of these 2 but I have been considering trying the one by Missha from the beginning, now I am even more convinced.
    Babes, that's one of the best name-day presents <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iiiiii I am blushing!!!Thank you loooove!!!!Thanks for the "push" and the idea!!Happy Name Dayy!!! ♥♥♥ P.S it is a really good one!!The Missha BB I mean ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay, it was about time you started a blog. And with one of my favourite topics!!!
    I wll agree with you, nothing beats a korean bb cream indeed. And now let me cry for my beloved etude house magic cream. I have 2 tubes left and I try to use them as sparingly as I can so they can last me a while. Thanks to you, I will try the Missha one asap too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have 2 tubes left?Lucky you!!I got this one and it's half gone...Group crying :D Thanx darling!! <3

      Delete
  3. Welcome and spread the Korean beauty doll !!!Nice beginning!!! Kisses & hugs ;o))XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!!! I'll do my best ;) ♥

      Delete
  4. New girl on the blog!!!You started with the best theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu!!It is one of my fav themes after all :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!Glad you liked it!! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Καλή αρχή!!!!Χαίρομαι πολύ που ξεκίνησες το δικό σου blog γιατί πολλές φορές το αναρωτιόμουν "μα...γιατί να μην έχει και η Άσπα δικό της blog?Έχει τόσα καλλυντικά και τόσα να μοιραστεί μαζί μας!"Well.....about the Missha bb cream την έχω πάρει και εγώ.Νομίζω την απόχρωση 21 είχα...αλλά το θέμα μου ήταν ότι μου έβγαινε αρκετά γκρι.Από κάλυψη ήταν σούπερ,θα την ξανα-αγόραζα και νομίζω ότι έχει πάρει το μάτι μου την matte Missha bb .......

    Πολλά πολλά φιλιά!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστώ πολύ πολύ Aννούλαα!!
      Εεεε γι'αυτό το πήρα απόφαση να ξεκινήσω κι εγώ!!
      Το 21 εμένα μου ήταν πολύ ανοιχτό.Και το 23 βγαίνει γκρι στην αρχή αλλά μετά όταν το απλώνω μου είναι οκ.Ναι ναι,υπάρχει και η matte και την χαλβαδιάζω καιρό τώρα :D
      Smoochies!!

      Delete
  7. Great post!!! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queen Rea!!!!I intend to.. <3

      Delete
  8. Πάρα πολύ ωραίο post!!! Καλωσόρισες!!!
    Έχω review σε παρόμοια ΒΒ της ίδιας εταιρίας, αν θέλεις ρίξε μια ματιά!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Καλή αρχή και καλωσόρισες στο χώρο της ομορφιάς, περιμένουμε τις νέες σου αναρτήσεις!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ πολύ!!!!! :)

      Delete